Like I said before, I would post a workout for what to do while on vacation, without a gym. This sequence can be done before heading to the shower in the morning or at night before bed. I think it is important to get in some work out amongst all the eating and festivities of being on vacation. Here is workout A. I did this one today and will post my next one tomorrow.
Workout A (Complete in succession, with minimal break in between exercises)
- Duffel bag Deadlift - Fill your duffel bag (or a small backpack or suitcase) with clothes or books, something to add some weight. Then hold the straps with both hands. Keeping your back straight and knees slightly bent, bend at the waist, allowing the bag to touch the floor and achieving a flat back. Then, bring the bag up again. That is 1 rep. Do 10-15 reps depending on the amount of weight in the bag.
- Push-ups - Ah, the classic push-up. You should know how to do this one. Do 10-15 reps
- Jumping Jacks - Do 50 jumping jacks
- Body Weight Squat - Hold your hands behind your head and squat, making sure to keep your back straight and only bend until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Then stand upright to complete the rep. Do 10-15 reps.
- Boxing Sequence - Jab, Punch, Hook, Upper-cut! Do that series alternating hands, starting with jab on the right hand, punch left, etc. Do 10 series then switch sides where you start with jab with the left hand. Do 10 more. If you need more explanation, this is the same as the P90X sequence.
- Running Jacks - Since cardio (i.e. running, jogging, etc) may not be available, these are a good alternative. Basically it is jumping jacks, but instead of moving your legs with the arms, out and in, you run in place while your arms are doing the regular jumping jack motion. It may look ridiculous but it works out a lot more than you think. If you are doing it right, you should have 1 foot hit the ground when arms up, other foot hits the ground with arms down. Thats 1 rep. Do 100 running jacks.
Repeat this series 3 times and you should have a good workout. It doesn’t replace the gym but it is better than doing nothing, which is one thing vacations tend to provoke.